Full Time: $16.36- $22.41
7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
The Switchboard Electrician in the Wiring Department will report to the Wiring Foreman.
The Switchboard Electrician will be an essential member of Electrical Power Products, Inc. production and assembly. This individual will complete the duties of a Utility Man, a Journeyman, in addition to all other responsibilities of this job.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Read wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Operate all shop tools and equipment.
- Be familiar with and know how to perform all phases and types of panel wiring, such as bunch, bundle, gutter, and form wiring.
- Install and wire instruments from a simple layout sketch or prints, wiring diagram, or schematic without further instructions.
- Install all types of nameplates
- Apply all kinds of mimic on panels, including tape, paint, and extruded.
- Make a diligent effort to spot possible errors or discrepancies in all phases of work, including layout prints, wiring diagrams, or schematic, and bring them to the attention of the proper authority.
- Provide for proper allowance for customer wiring and eliminate all interference.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and well organized.
- Ability to read and use a tape measure.
- Experience in using hand and power tools.
- Ability to assist and support others.
- Continuous speaking, hearing, and visual (including close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus) effort.
- Frequent standing, crouching, stooping, kneeling, reaching, climbing, and handling.
- Commonly lifting/moving of up to 40 lbs. individually.
- Occasionally lifting/moving 50-100 lbs. with assistance.
- Exposure to loud noises, drilling, cutting, banging, and typical manufacturing production physical hazards